The Font in Fallowfield is closing in January

Goodbye my lover

The Font in Fallowfield will close in January, owners have confirmed.

After opening in 2011, The Font have served Fallowfield for an amazing eight years, and have been a source of great brunch, cheap and tasty cocktails in the summer, and hot toddies in the winter.

Speaking to The Manchester Tab, manager Doug Simpson said: "With a heavy heart indeed, we announce that we are bidding you all fair well. I love this bar.

"No longer will I hear questions like ‘cheapest £2 cocktail? When’s it 241? Or omg you get a freddo?!’ And I am surprisingly distraught about even this".

View this post on Instagram

Hello dear friends, After 10 amazing years, many happy times and an unbelievable amount of cocktails, it is with a heavy heart that we announce we will be closing the doors of The Font, Fallowfield. It has been an absolute privilege to have been part of Fallowfield for so long and the many memories we’ve made will not be forgotten. We’ll be closing the doors to Fonts rambunctious middle sister for the last time on Saturday Dec 15th. So come one n’ all and celebrate our amazing decade south of the city centre & have one last big hoorah with us on Friday 14th December, where we’ll have DJs, cocktails & good times a plenty! Oh FF, how we shall miss you! …Fear not though, The Font flame still burns bright at our Manchester City Centre & Chorlton sites, where we are putting great efforts into bringing you bigger, better, brighter #partyvibes! Whoop! The time we have spent here in Fallowfield has been enriching and fulfilling and we’d just like to take this opportunity to give the biggest thank you to all of our staff & regulars, past and present, I cannot express how much you have meant to us. Big love & many hugs, Team Font xx

A post shared by The Font Fallowfield (@fontfallowfield) on

He continued: "It’s been a pleasure to be part of our font family, with memories to cherish and hangovers that will haunt me forever. There’s plenty of partying still to be done though friends, with Christmas offers through December, a hell of a closing sesh, not mention three more beloved quizzes.

"All our beloved regulars, piss-heads and even that dodgy fella who steals our loo roll, we’ll miss you very much, thanks for the memories".

This closure comes after a series of regulations from the council that required shorter business hours, meaning The Font Fallowfield was forced to close earlier.

The Font is the latest in a series of pubs and bars closing in Fallowfield, which many have put down to "council interference".