Rainbows, glitter, flares, and animal prints: All the best dressed of Manchester Pride 2018

Fashion done the Pride way

Manchester Pride 2018 was a smash-hit. After some Pride controversies, including TERF protests at London Pride, an alternative Manchester Pride being hosted at Whitworth Park, and the iconic Canal Street location changing next year, Manchester reawakened the spirit of Pride this Bank Holiday weekend. Alexandra Burke, Rita Ora, and Jake Shears gave show-stopping performances, and Canal Street transformed its cobbled streets into a kaleidoscope of colour and excitement. It was the most stylish celebration of love in all its forms yet. Here's the best dressed from the weekend.

Ellie and Harley

The pride I feel for you fills me with pride πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆβœ¨ β€’ β€’ This quote definitely feels like the perfect way to sum up how we felt all day yesterday! Walking the parade and then spending the night dancing away and then meeting the LOVELY Amy and Lucy from @ourbiggayjourney was the best (⏩⏩ SWIPE to see the picture we got together) πŸ’— β€’ β€’ Pride events are so much more than rainbows and glitter. They are a celebration and a protest all at the same time- bringing the LGBT+ community together to continue the fight towards equality for all and allowing those who don’t always feel like they can embrace who they truly are, a chance to just BE exactly that! πŸ™Œ β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” #manchesterpride #manchesterpride2018 #pride #prideuk #ukpride #loveislove #happiness #gaygirls #gaygirl #globalgaygirlgang #lesbiancouple #lesbians #lgbt #lgbtq #femmetribe #femmecouple #lesbehonest #uklesbian #canalstreet #prideflag

A post shared by E L L I E & H A R L E Y 🌈 (@ellieandharley) on

Sophie

BEAUTY IS ONLY SKIN DEEPπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ . . Manchester pride was the perfect representation of the message I encourage all people to embrace! Beauty really is only skin deep! Whether you’re gay, bisexual, trans, straight, lesbian ect it doesn’t matter! It is what is in your heart that matters the most! ❀️ . Thank you so much to @prettylittlething for having me as a part of your team and embracing me as I am! I had such a blast I was so overwhelmed by all the love I couldn’t hold my tears in by the end of the parade! ONE OF THE PROUDEST MOMENTS OF MY LIFE! πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆβ€οΈπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ #onelove #loveislove #pride #beautyisonlyskindeep #prettylittlething #pltstyle

A post shared by S O P H I E (@sophirelee) on

Sayf

Athena, Ginger, Cherry, Saki, Amanda, Scarlett

Adam

Persephone

Tabitha

Living my best life 🌟 #manchesterpride #manchesterpride2018 #pride

A post shared by TJ (@tabithajadex) on

Roseph

Carley and Ciara

Anthony and Gina

we survivedπŸ—£πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

A post shared by Anthony Colder (@cnthony) on

Claudia

Faye and Lewis

The Tab Manchester 🐝

last seen today at 04:17

Get Manchester news straight to your WhatsApp

What’s happening with Antwerp this week, who got busted in Tower and who’s wearing what in Fallowfield. Straight into your DMs. 😘