A cheese advent calendar has just been invented

Sweet baby cheesus

Annem Hobson, a food blogger for So Wrong It’s Nom , featuring the likes of chocolate blue cheese and Mr.Men sushi, has created the world’s first ever CHEESE advent calendar.

Annem was dissapointed with the lack of advent themed cheese offerings on the market at this time of year, “I’m a bit of a cheese addict so searched online to see if I could combine the two. To my complete surprise, there wasn’t one and not a single cheese company had jumped on the idea.”

Annem, 27, decided to take matters into her own hands, creating the 24 day cheese delight from scratch, using a dairy milk chocolate advent calendar as a template.

She hid morsels of Edam, Stilton, Camembert, Gouda, goat’s cheese, smoked cheese and fancy French Doux De Montagne behind each door, all wrapped up in clingfilm and cut into cute Christmassy shapes using mini cookie cutters.

The festive fromage delight will have to be kept in the fridge to prevent it from going off, but all of the cheeses selected have long lasting use by dates to ensure your last nibble of goats cheese will taste just as good as your first piece of Stilton.

Although the calendar is currently just a prototype, Annem has hopes to have it in mass production in time for Christmas 2017. You can register your interest here, but don’t worry, if you can’t wait that long for 24 days of cheese you can make your own from directions on her blog.