Manchester nightlife: What’s on this week?

An alternative guide to club nights

We’ve all been to Fifth or Tiger Tiger for a disappointing Saturday sesh, so it’s time to try something new. This week in Manchester offers a whole range of new and exciting nights out catering to everyone’s music taste.

Monday

Start the week with an American themed night at Underdog on New Wakefield Street. With red cups handed out on arrival, beer pong and a playlist of dancehall, hip hop and R&B, ‘Frat Party’ is set to be a homage to the notorious American house party. If you like tunes from the US and fancy something alternative to the British clubbing scene, get yourself down.

Tuesday

‘Gold Teeth’ at the Deaf Institute is a must on a Tuesday night. Walk into an intimate dancefloor and enjoy a night of funk and soul, or venture upstairs is R&B is more your thing. With a 70s soundtrack providing a change to the usual club night, this weekly event is something different everyone can appreciate.

If Factory is more your thing, then this Tuesday brings us a new night to the famous Manchester club. ‘Trump House’ may seem unappealing to the majority on first sight, but this club night featuring American artists only is set to be a  busy one. We know the US can party so give FAC251 a try.

Wednesday

‘Juicy’ at Joshua Brooks is no more – I know, devastating. But this popular night has been replaced and rebranded as ‘Get Diggity’ featuring the very best of hip hop and R&B, so don’t be too disheartened by the death of ‘Juicy’, as this new Wednesday will sort out your withdrawals.

Wednesday also offers an exclusive night at Club VIVA, with ‘Pounded Wednesdays’ bringing you Ashley Cain from Ex on the Beach DJing into the early hours. Situated on Whitworth Street and perfect if you like getting dressed up, this night is a one off not to be missed.

Thursday 

‘CTRL’ at Dive NQ relaunches this Thursday, with Tim Burgess (The Charlatans) taking to the decks. Other past DJs include Blossoms, Alt-J and Gary Powell (The Libertines). Set to be a night filled with the finest indie, alternative and rock anthems, Dive offers a different night out to the usual indie spots in Manchester. If you fancy something new, get yourself to Tib Street on Thursday.

Meeting Gary Powell at Dive

Alternatively, Antwerp Mansion brings us a night of Reggae and Dub on Thursday night. ‘Different Gravy’s 1st Birthday’ celebrates one year of Antwerp presenting the best UK DJs and MCs. Mungos Hifi, Gorgon Sound, T-man and MC Sensi headline this exciting event at Manchester’s edgiest venue.

Friday 

By the time we get to Friday night the possibilities for a night out seem endless, but Joshua Brooks brings us a jungle rave this week. Surco x Oasy headline with special guest Elrow in what is set to be a spectacular night of house and techno. This is a massive night and is worth the extra few quid on a Friday night.

If tech isn’t your thing, ‘Garage Nation’ returns to Sankeys this Friday bringing you the best of UK Garage. Let’s be honest, Sankeys rarely disappoints.

Saturday

You might be tempted to slide back into tradition for Saturday night – hit up a mainstream club, get some pricey drinks to the sound of chart hits. But ‘Clint Boon’s Forever’ at South nightclub will offer something different to your weekend. The Inspiral Carpets musician DJs weekly at the famous Manchester dive, opened by the promotions manager of the Hacienda back in the day. Offering the best of indie and alternative music, why not finish your week with something unconventional?