New Manchester club night offers ‘free dancing midget’ with VIP bookings

They have to dance on demand and even pour the drinks

A new club night opening in Manchester has caused outrage by offering a “free midget” with every high-end VIP booth booked.

The night, called Wonderland, is set to take place on Thursday at The Oxford Club around the corner from 42s, on Central Street, and calls itself “the biggest trip of your life”.

The Oxford Club, the venue

There are a variety of booths available on the night, beginning at £350, with the most expensive being £850.

The most expensive one, called “The Ballers Booth”, consists of 15 people’s entry, as well as vodka, champagne, mixers and a free “Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee” that will serve the table, as well as dancing on demand.

The description on Skiddle

The arrangement has caused a lot of anger, particularly from the Restricted Growth Association (RGA).

A spokesman from RGA told the MEN: “The RGA campaigns for a better society for people with dwarfism and is strongly opposed to events such as these which we believe are distasteful and discriminatory, and can encourage abuse towards our members.

“We were surprised and saddened to learn that The Oxford Club seems to think abuse or toleration of abuse towards people with dwarfism is acceptable. We’d urge them to reconsider their decision to host such events.”

Despite this, the night has already completely sold out of early bird tickets, and looks set to go ahead.