University of Manchester graduates are the most sought by graduate schemes

We’re ahead of Oxford and Cambridge

According to a new report, students who graduate from the University of Manchester are targeted the most by graduate recruiters and schemes.

The annual survey, Graduate Market in 2016,  reviewed graduate vacancies and starting salaries at Britain’s leading employers.

Some of the employers examined include those such as the Army, the Bank of England, BBC, and other employers such as McDonald’s and Asda.

The report found that University of Manchester graduates were targeted the most, ahead of even Oxford and Cambridge graduates.

The director of Manchester University’s Careers Service said: “We’re obviously delighted that our students – for the second year running – are the most targeted by leading graduate recruiters, as well as encouraged by the ongoing recovery of the graduate jobs market.

“Our recruitment fairs were fully booked last year as employers continue to appreciate the talent of our students and the uniqueness of a Manchester education, which provides our graduates with the additional skills and experience employers are looking for.”

The report also showed a more general positive movement for UK university graduates, as Britain’s top employers pledge to recruit the biggest intake of uni graduates ever in the upcoming year.

All of the employers collectively have also received 13% more graduate job applications so far this year compared to the previous year.