A 22-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in Rusholme

It happened at 4am on Saturday morning

A 22-year-old woman was sexually assaulted by a man whilst walking along Kent Road West in Rusholme.

At around 4am Saturday morning the woman was approached and grabbed from behind by the man, before being sexually assaulted by him.

The victim eventually managed to escape from the offender and ran away. The man then headed back towards the area of the Park Crescent roundabout.

The suspect was wearing a leather jacket and jeans and is described as a man in his late 30s, approximately 5ft 9in tall, of slim build and possibly Asian.

At around 4.17am a man fitting a similar description was seen talking to two women on Dennison Road. These women then left and headed towards Wilmslow Road.

The incident occurred near Antwerp Mansion

Soon after the women were seen eating food and walking along Park Crescent towards Kent Road West, with the same man following behind.

Police are appealing for these two women to come forward, as they may hold key information in identifying the attacker.

Detective Inspector Adrian Gallagher of GMP said  “We need the women to come forward to help us identify this man.

If you believe that you may be one of those women or you have a friend who you think it may be, then please contact the police on 101 quoting incident number 464 on 06/02/16.”