Are these the worst pulling tips in Manchester?

Probably, yes

You’ve spotted them. They’ve spotted you. They’re the one for tonight.

All that’s left is to seal the deal, so with your new found confidence, from downing countless Woo-Woos and White Storms, you strut up to your victim with smoothness paralleled by only the strongest of sandpaper.

We want to know the ideas you can run to that will give you the greatest chance of walking away a victor of your quests?

We’ve taken the pleasure of finding and sharing some of Manchester’s bachelor’s and bachelorette’s not so fine moments when it comes to the art of pulling.

Heard it too many times

Anie, a student of religious studies, likes to dive in at the deep end with a clever alteration of the word Jamaican from “Are you Jamaican?” to “Because JA-MAKIN me crazy.”

What a clever play on words, let’s pray they Ja Make her night a good one.

Wash your hair

Mark, a keen cricketer, uses his surroundings to his advantage when saying “I’ve got my library card and I’m checking you out”.

After assuring us “it worked” fingers crossed he changed locations before hitting it for six.

Fire in bed

Alice, a post-grad mathematics student, told us of her best and worst one-liners when out on the pull in Manchester’s finest (Sankeys). Her best being the pretty abrupt, “Let’s cut the chit chat, this is my favourite song, let’s dance and drink the night away.”

Her worst- and our favourite- “Red on the head so you’re like fire in bed?”

Dinosaur

Col prefers the pre-historic line “Kiss me if I’m wrong but dinosaurs still exist right?” showing us that living up to the blonde stereotype obviously has its advantages.

Or not

Connor, not one for holding back, likes the full frontal approach of bluntly stating “it’s not going to suck itself.”

We’re not sure whether he will have gained more slaps or successes with this, but if nothing else, at least he lives up to the t-shirt.

Our intensive research into the Mancunian dating scene suggests that sometimes slick moves just don’t do the trick. Instead, it seems, a much wiser approach would be to prepare a few of the finest lines and hope your target has a sense of humour.