Woman arrested as UCL campus evacuation revealed as a hoax bomb threat

They made similar threats to several other locations across central London

An arrest was made after UCL’s Bloomsbury campus was evacuated due to a hoax bomb threat yesterday, 19 October.

There had been similar calls made to several locations across central London, including St. Thomas’s Hospital.

The Metropolitan Police said a woman was arrested in Kent in relation to these incidents and assured that “there is no risk to the public.”

A spokesperson from the police said: “Officers attended a number of locations in central London, including St Thomas’s Hospital, this morning following a series of hoax bomb threats. We are satisfied there is no risk to the public.

“A woman was subsequently arrested in Kent and remains in custody.

“The investigation has been transferred to Kent Police and any enquiries should be put to their press office.”

A UCL spokesperson said after the incident yesterday: “On advice from the Police, we temporarily closed UCL’s main campus gates and reduced access to a small number of buildings at around 10:30am. On further advice, all areas were reopened a short time later.

“The measures were precautionary, and we thank those affected for their patience.”

University College London campus was evacuated because of a hoax call, Met Police says

BREAKING: Students evacuated from University College London’s campus

London student ‘nearly blinded’ after being punched on the bus by man holding keys