Register to vote now and claim a free pint from one of these London pubs

Show your polling card and receive a free pint in any of the participating pubs

Hide Images

Several pubs across the UK, including The Queen’s Head near UCL, are offering students a free pint if the students have registered to vote. The pub is at 15 Denman Street, just off Piccadilly Circus (maybe the ideal spot for a pre-sports night pint?).

The ‘Vote This Year Get Free Beer’ campaign is a nationwide scheme designed to encourage young people to sign up to vote in the upcoming election on June 8th.

All you have to do to claim your pint is bring your polling card, or an email confirming that you have registered to vote, to the pub’s bar.

It really is worth signing up to vote since this election will be crucial, with every vote affecting the future of our NHS, schools, and universities, not to mention the UK’s political relations with the rest of the world. It’s shocking that in 2015, the number of people who didn’t vote surpassed the total number of votes received by any of the main parties. In the 2015 election it was estimated that only 45% of 18-24 year olds turned out to vote, and the Brexit vote supposedly saw an even lower turnout within this age bracket.

You will receive a free pint regardless of which party you choose to vote for, and since the pub is open most days from midday to midnight, there’s no excuse not to sign up to vote in order to claim your drink. The deadline for registering to vote is Monday night (22nd May), and it will only take you five minutes if you click here. What more incentive do you need to sign up now and play a part in our country’s future?

The London pubs participating are The Queen’s Head, The Beast of Brixton, Spit and Sawdust and The White Horse. Check out the campaign and full list of pubs here.