Inanimate Carbon Rod #1 For NUS President?

The campaign for the Inanimate Carbon Rod to become the next NUS President received a huge boost on Wednesday as the NUS ruled that it was indeed eligible to stand […]

The campaign for the Inanimate Carbon Rod to become the next NUS President received a huge boost on Wednesday as the NUS ruled that it was indeed eligible to stand in the election.

After being controversially left off the ballot initially, the Rod’s campaign is back on track and will now go to the NUS conference to fight for the NUS presidency. In order to legitimately stand for election, Mr. Rod had to have an official Nominated Bearer; UCLU’s very own Sam Gaus volunteered his services to hold the rod in what many hope will turn out to be a moment of glorious vindication for inanimate objects everywhere.

The issues initially began after the NUS Chief Returning Officer requested proof of student status for every nomination the Rod received that was not provided via post. However, the problem has now been resolved and the remarkable campaign of the self-styled “cylinder of very few words” will now have its day.

The campaign has proved extremely popular among students, with over 1100 people ‘liking’ the page on Facebook, with numerous messages of support for the Rod’s campaign.

Among the Rod’s manifesto pledges are the promises to provide, “a worker’s bomb, free Spotify premium and recognising inanimate carbon rods.” Everything a student needs then.