ULU Begin term without president

After four months without a President, University of London Union (ULU) have announced elections for late October. London has not had a student president since June, when Sean Rill Rackza resigned. […]

ULU ULU President

After four months without a President, University of London Union (ULU) have announced elections for late October.

London has not had a student president since June, when Sean Rill Rackza resigned.

Despite no one filling the top job, acting President Daniel Cooper remained upbeat.

He said:  “We’ve had one of the best starts to a year at ULU that we’ve had for a long while” after the success of events such as training seminars for incoming sabbatical officers and the ULU Senate, ULU’s main governing body.

ULU, chugging along despite no President

“This is ULU’s first opportunity to re-engage with members after a what has been a lull in the work that has been expected of us here at ULU over the past year, and London students haven’t had the Union they need – however, that is changing, and changing fast.”

Information about the Presidential Elections will appear during Freshers Week, with increased publicity scheduled for mid-late October.

Rillo Rackza stood uncontested for the position and won with just 737 votes in his favour. He previously held the position of ULU Vice President. Reasons for his resignation have yet to be made public.

ULU Presidential Nominations open at 12 noon – Friday 21 September 2012