Things you’ll relate to if you’ve ever lived in Greenbank

With the 699, the pond and those bright yellow walls, what’s not to love

Despite Greenbank being engulfed with beautiful scenery and a homily atmosphere, it’s not that beautiful all the time. It’s also not for the weak. I would be surprised if you haven’t experienced a few stampedes clambering onto the last 11pm 699 bus to town, or on a Monday morning making your way through the crowds on your way to a 9am lecture. 

It’s not only the 699 that’s iconic about Greenbank but also the anticipation upon arrival waiting to see what excessively bright colour your bedroom wall is. Will it be green? Yellow? Purple? God forbid it’s red which will make your hangover even worse. For me, it was also the fear of the wall clashing with my tapestry. Luckily it was a match. Phew!

Not to forget the pond. Picture this, it’s 5am and the sun is coming up. You’ve just left a shocking afters with your flatmate, wandering back to your block in need of some entertainment, and the moss is glistening on the pond just begging for you to jump in. Next minute you’re consumed by the murky waters and a large sense of regret.

Happens to the best of us.

As a Greenbank student, the Smithdown Tesco Express is simply your best friend. Running out of mixer and pres start in 10 minutes? The Tesco three minutes away is just perfect. But for those big weekly food shops, Aldi and Asda are also a top favourite. 

There is ultimately nothing like the bond that Greenbank students have; getting the bus together absolutely soaking, drunk or with a plastic bag containing all of your food shopping on the verge of ripping really brings students together. As well as the Circuit Laundry where you can attempt to throw your washing in with your flatmate to save £2.50. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Not to forget that Brookhouse is also your local pub which just heightens how great Greenbank is. Everyone simply must experience it with their best pals, including you.