Merry Christmas ya filthy animal! Here’s the best things to do in Liverpool this Christmas

With Christmas deadlines approaching, we all need a bit of Christmas cheer

Thanks to miss Rona Christmas didn’t quite go to plan last year, so why not go all out for it this year! Whether you’re more of a mulled wine or hot cider kind of person, we’ve got all the bases covered. As Christmas deadlines loom over students’ heads, getting in the Christmas spirit doesn’t always feel easy. Here is an extra merry list of all the best things to do in Liverpool this Christmas to get you in the festive spirit.

The Christmas market

The Christmas market is a great way to get into the festive spirit, there’s plenty to do with 40 stalls and bars, whether you want to do a bit of shopping, or grab something to eat. It’s located at St Georges Hall’s entrance. The opening times are Sunday- Wednesday 11am-9pm and Thursday- Saturday 11am-10pm. No tickets are needed to enter, the market is there until the 23rd of December.

Ice Festival

Forget about London’s Winter Wonderland, the ice festival is the next best thing! At the pier head, there’s an ice rink, ice slides, rides and a variety of christmassy treats. Prices range from £2-£5 per ride. Ice skating sessions cost £13 and last 45 minutes. There are also stalls including waffles, crepes and wine. The ice festival opening times are Monday- Sunday 10:30am-9:30pm.

Love Actually in concert

Whether you love RomComs or hate them, you can’t deny Love Actually is the perfect Christmas Film! If your a fan, you can watch the film with a live orchestra and if this doesn’t put you in the Christmas spirt I don’t know what will! This is happening on the 14th December at the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic. You can get your tickets here.

Christmas themed Bottomless Brunch

Who doesn’t love a Bottomless Brunch? Why not add a Christmas themed bottomless Bruch onto your list. Christmas can be an expensive time, but we all know we can get our moneys worth when the booze is flowing at the Liberte Winter Village lodge. You can book for a maximum of six guests, perfect for all of your friends. Plus, each lodge comes with heating and music, so you can eat, drink and sing away to Mariah Carey in comfort, whilst enjoying your bottomless beer, wine or Prosecco for just £40pp.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWJhNv7gDsA/?utm_medium=copy_link

Santa Dash

Take part in the 5k fun run that starts from the Pier Head by the Liver Building and goes through the city centre to the Albert Dock and along the waterfront before heading towards the town hall. A very flattering Santa suit is included with the entry fee of £23. The race starts on the 5th of December at 9:30am. Click here to take part in the fun run.

Go and see the lights

If you are on a budget this year, not to worry there’s still plenty to do! Why not go and walk and visit all the Christmas trees on display around town. There are so many pretty decorations scattered around the city centre and LiverpoolONE. There are three Christmas trees you can go and see, one in LiverpoolONE, Church Street and the Williamson square walk through Christmas tree. Or step your Instagram game up by taking a selfie with the Angel wings at Chavasse Park. The list is never-ending! You can find a list of all the lights you can see around town here.

Scouse Sleeping Beauty

If you want to watch a play this year why not go and see Scouse Sleeping Beauty at the Liverpool Royal Court. This is the story of Sleeping Beauty but with a twist! It’s a comedy play packed with “stupid jokes, loads of live music and utterly inappropriate content.” The play starts on the 29th November till the 15th January 2022, and tickets start from £18.

Tinsel Town: the big Xmas party at the Camp and Furnace

If you love a live band, mulled wine, festive food and indoor snow, this is the Christmas party for you! Tickets start from £7 to £12, on Friday 10th December 8pm-1am, with Christmas bangers playing all night, so you better warm up your voice to hit Mariah’s high note, because all I want for Christmas is YOUUUUUU! Get your tickets here.

Hopefully, Boris will finally letting us have the Christmas we deserve, it’s only right to make the most of it. This year, to save us from tears, let’s embrace the festive season, and celebrate it like the filthy animals we well and truly are.