Arriva drivers confirm NINE strike days set to take place in December

There will be a four day strike leading up to Christmas Eve

Arriva bus drivers are planning to strike on nine days in December, including a three day strike and a four day strike in the run up to Christmas eve.

The next strike planned is tomorrow, followed by another on Monday 27th November.

The December strike dates are taking place December 4th, 7th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd.

There may be more disruption as RMT members are yet to confirm their next strike days on Merseyrail and Northern Rail. The Echo reported that Eddie Parker, GMB regional secretary, said: “The trade union representatives made their decision yesterday. They will continue the action in December.”

A Merseytravel spokesperson said: “We have been informed of the Arriva bus strikes and we will work with them, and other transport operators, to make sure that passengers are provided with the right information to help them make informed choices about their journeys.

“In the meantime, customers are advised to keep an eye on Arriva’s, as well as Merseytravel’s, website and social media for the latest updates, plan ahead and check timetables on the day of travel.”

Unite says the company upped its offer by just 1p an hour – 2p less than it wanted. And while members will be balloted over Arriva’s offer, union leaders expect the deal will be rejected.