Liverpool graduate dies after blood clot from taking contraceptive pill Dianette

She was 23

business management contraceptive Graduate muller pill Uni of liverpool university of liverpool UoL

Charlotte Foster, a Uni of Liverpool graduate, has died from complications caused by taking the contraceptive pill Dianette.

Miss Foster was a 23-year-old Business Studies graduate who graduated in 2014.

She worked at a disposable products manufacturer, CeDo, in her hometown of Shropshire, before joining Muller as a customer category executive.

She is believed to have suffered from a blood clot in her chest, a rare side effect of the pill, and passed away at the Princess Royal Hospital in Shropshire on January 25th.

Charlotte’s parents Stephen and Cecilia said in a statement: “We are devastated at the sudden and unexpected loss of a very much loved daughter, sister and granddaughter.

“Charlotte was a lively, intelligent, beautiful and caring young lady who will be deeply missed by her family, friends and work colleagues.”

A University of Liverpool spokesperson added: “We are saddened to hear about Charlotte’s death, our thoughts are with her family and friends at this difficult time.”

Lloyds Pharmacy online doctor states that Dianette is usually taken by women who suffer from severe acne or excess hair growth, and that it can also be prescribed as an effective contraceptive pill.

The risk of getting a blood clot is small, but GPs are still required to check whether the patient has a family or personal history of blood clots or high blood pressure before giving out the pill.

Charlotte’s death comes after an inquest in Blackburn earlier this month heard Dianette had been a “contributory factor” in the death of a 16-year-old girl from Lancashire.

Rest in peace Charlotte.