The Tab Talks to AbandonSilence

We chat with AbandonSilence founder Andrew Hill ahead of their ‘Four Tet All Night Long’ special event.

| UPDATED abandonsilence andrew hill disclosure dusky east village arts club four tet james blake Kazimier sbtrkt shipping forecast

AbandonSilence have come a long way since their first event in 2010 (SBTRKT at The Magnet believe it or not). Since then they have booked the likes of James Blake, Disclosure, Julio Bashmore and Bondax and now they are about to embark on their biggest year yet.

Ahead their ‘Four Tet All Night Long’ special on Thursday, we caught up with founder, organiser, resident and former JMU student Andrew Hill to talk about everything AbandonSilence.

For someone who isn’t familiar with AbandonSilence, could you describe what it is?

Abandon Silence is a club night based in Liverpool featuring some of the UK and World’s finest DJs in intimate and large spaces. There is no set musical theme, though we have an emphasis on bass, with guests in the past 12 months featuring names such as Four Tet, Joy Orbison, Boddika, Disclosure, Bicep, Dusky and a whole lot more.

AbandonSilence entertaining Dusky at The Kazimier

Last year was your most successful yet. How was it?

Last year was a huge season for us, by far our most successful. At the start of the year we were still a comparatively small night, based solely in the intimate Shipping Forecast.

By the end of the year we had stepped on leaps and bounds, held some incredible shows in The Kazimier and found a new home in East Village Arts Club, formerly The Masque.

At their new home of The East Village Arts Club

What can we look forward to at tomorrow’s show?

On Thursday night Four Tet is playing all night long for us at The Shipping Forecast. He played 3 hours for us in the same space back in February and it was one of our finest parties.

This time he is playing 5 hours all night long, so expect him to delve deep into his record bag, with some cuts off his new album Beautiful Rewind sure to get played alongside his usual batch of quality music.

The Shipping Forecast is the perfect setting for the show too, the intimate low ceiling vibe, coupled with large Funktion One sound system, ensures that all in attendance will not forget it in a hurry.

UoL’s Harry Sheehan warming up the crowd for last year’s Four Tet performance.

What have you got in store for the rest of the year?

After this show we only have two more parties to come in 2013. On October 25th we are back in East Village Arts Club with Joy Orbison, Pearson Sound and many more. Joy Orbison was scheduled to play for 3 hours at our birthday in June but due to a train fire on his journey up North he only made it in time to play around 45 minutes, so we had to invite him back for a full extended headline set.

Our final party of the year is on November 21st as Irish house dons Bicep also head to the Seel Street venue with LA based producer Urulu and local rising stars Makes No Sense playing. Tickets are on sale for all shows now.

Like The Tab on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and keep up to date with our LIVE blog.