Here are five fun and free activities in Leeds that you need to try in November

So you don’t spend all your student loan in two weeks x

Though student loans might have hit bank accounts at the start of the month, we’re betting the words “I really need to stop spending so much money” have already passed most people’s lips.

Whether you’re a first year or final year, trying to manage cash flow can be harder than expected, and finding ways to have fun, without breaking the bank, is an ongoing challenge for most Leeds students.

Fortunately for you lovely lot, we’ve done the work for you – we’re sharing five fabulous, and most importantly, FREE, activities that you can have a go at in Leeds in November. From comedy nights to concerts, there’s something to suit everyone, so make sure to go check these out!

1. Free yoga classes at Belgrave Music Hall

For your mid-week self care fix, why not head down to Belgrave Music Hall? Every Thursday, their yoga instructor, Sinead,  runs two free classes – one at 11am, and another at 1pm.  All skill levels are welcome, and they provide mats, so you don’t need to worry about bringing your own!

2. A visit to Leeds Arts Gallery

The Tiled Hall Café at Leeds Arts Gallery

Wanting to broaden your cultural horizons? Why not visit the architecturally stunning Leeds Arts Gallery which houses some of the largest collections of 20th century British art in the UK?

Admission to the gallery is completely free and whilst you’re there you can also check out the gallery’s Tiled Hall Café, regarded by many as one of the prettiest café’s in Leeds. Splurge on a coffee or a sweet treat if you’re feeling especially boujee.

3. Verve Comedy Cellar

Situated on Merrion Street, Verve Comedy Cellar, which hosts a free open-mic comedy every Tuesday at 8pm, is sure to offer a bit of a different night out.

Boasting the title of Leeds’ longest running weekday comedy night, it’s a great place to enjoy some laughs –  and it’s even won the title of the best open mic night in Yorkshire! An evening spent here will definitely provide a welcome distraction from your growing to-do list, whilst the complementary nachos will go down an absolute treat.

4. Free pizza courtesy of Pizza Pilgrims

One to tickle the tastebuds, Pizza Pilgrims, a popular pizza chain from London, will be opening its first branch in Leeds on Boar Lane on 6th November and, to celebrate, the team is giving away 1000 free pizzas! If you want to get your hands on a slice, make sure to get yourself down to the new restaurant at 12pm on opening day – after all, nothing beats pizza, let alone when it’s free.

5. Free tickets to see Corinne Bailey Rae

Don’t miss the opportunity to get free tickets to an exclusive evening with Corinne Bailey Rae on November 17th. Corinne, a University of Leeds alumni and Grammy award-winning musician, who released the iconic single Put Your Records On, will give a short acoustic performance featuring two songs from her critically acclaimed album, Black Rainbows.

During this exclusive evening, she will also discuss art, culture, music, and the inspiration behind her new album with Dr. Emily Zobel Marshall.

You can grab a ticket on Eventbrite – though you don’t need to be a University Of Leeds student to attend, you do need to have a relationship with the uni; for example, you’re an alumni, have a friend who attends the uni or you’re a member of staff. What are you waiting for?