Jamie Laing went all the way to Leeds to beg for a uni place after he was rejected

‘I just went up there and knocked on the drama department door’

Made in Chelsea star Jamie Laing has said he got the train all the way up to Leeds to ask for his university place, after the uni rejected him.

Speaking on his Private Parts podcast with Alex Mytton, Jamie said he just knocked on the drama department door and explained he’d failed his exams but still wanted to go to the uni.

He ended up having a tour from the head of the department, and was told to apply again the next year. When he got home and logged onto UCAS the next day to reapply, Jamie found he had an unconditional offer.

“I went on the train by myself, without telling my mum, parents, anyone”, Jamie said. “I just went up there and knocked on the drama department door and said: ‘Hi, I failed my exams, but I really want to come here’. And they went, ‘well we’re fully subscribed’.”

Jamie said he asked if he could just have a tour and talk to the lecturer. “So this guy, who was head of the drama department, took me on a tour around the theatre department at Leeds, and at the end of it he said: ‘Listen, I admire your courage, hopefully we’ll see you in a few years’.”

Continuing, Jamie explained how he said: “‘I just wanted to let you know that I would be a great student here’. And I went home, woke up the next day and went on my UCAS to reapply, and I had an unconditional offer from Leeds.”

Jamie studied theatre and performance at Leeds, before making his Made in Chelsea debut in 2011. He now has two podcasts which you’ve defo seen on your TikTok FYP – Private Parts, and NewlyWeds with his fiancee Sophie Habboo.

@privatepodcast

What Happened When Jamie Was Rejected From University 👀 – Catch up on our episode with #ChrisLovett by clicking the link in bio. #PrivatePartsPodcast

♬ original sound – Private Parts Podcast – Private Parts Podcast

Featured image via YouTube