Leeds University Union is hosting a drag night this Thursday

With six performances and a lip sync battle

LUU’s brand new event, Life’s A Drag, will take place on Thursday at 8pm in Pyramid on campus in the Union.

The night will be hosted by Ruby and include performances from Ruby and Imani Versace Blaze.

Upon arrival, everyone will be greeted before grabbing a drink and getting to know each other. Organiser, Beth, told The Leeds Tab that she wants the evening to be really social.

She will then introduce Ruby and the night will begin. There will be three performances, from both Ruby and Imani, then a break before three more performances.

Finally, there will be a lip sync battle, which all attendees will be invited to sign up for at the event. The winner of the battle will receive £50 worth of LUU vouchers, which can even be spent on Fruity tickets!

Tables of four and eight are available. Tickets are £5 and can be purchased here.

The Leeds Tab spoke to organiser and LUU Wellbeing Officer, Beth Eaton, ahead of the big night.

Beth wants to “utilise the talent that we have in our student population,” so when looking for drag acts for the night she searched for young performers.

Having “always loved drag” and attending Viaduct, Beth wanted to “bring it into LUU” as it’s a “really safe space and such a fun thing to do.”

At the moment, the event is a one off, but Beth is keen to see how Thursday goes and “would love to do one again, maybe a Christmas one!”