Image may contain: Fire, Bonfire, Flame, Rock Concert, Concert, Person, Human, Crowd

Check out Warehouse’s £250,000 makeover and live music plan in celebration of their 40th anniversary

State of the art sound system for house and techno nights has never looked so good

Warehouse has recently revelled in a £250,000 makeover as it celebrates its 40th anniversary of live music and club nights.

Based on Somers Street, the investment has gone into the production element of their events, as well as three rooms with a capacity of 600 for gigs, and 1100 for DJ events, ensuring that it is going to be a guaranteed favourite of Leeds's students and house music fans alike.

The venue now has a brand new L’Acoustics sound system and a Chauvet R2X line of lighting fixtures in their main room, as well as a new video wall and CO2 jets.

Dan Ickowitz-Seidler, chief officer of the event producers and venue operators that have helped with this investment, said:

“Live music is a huge driving force in any big city and we wanted Warehouse to showcase a real plethora of events. The venue was built on live music and what better way to celebrate 40 years of Warehouse than bringing back its roots."

After showcasing some of music's biggest bands over the years- Soft Cell, Oasis and The Stone Roses to name but a few- we can't wait to see who Warehouse plans to have perform with them during 2020.

Currently, their programme is said to showcase a variety of both touring artists and regional musicians on a regular basis.

Kicking off their year with a huge opening party tomorrow night, as well as a Badly Drawn Boy gig on the 23rd, we can't help but feel that Warehouse are smashing it already.

We only have five words: bring back The Stone Roses!