Is it just me or does every girl at Leeds wear these things?

It’s a glittery epidemic

When a girl gets accepted into Uni of Leeds something magical seems to happen; the Jack Wills leaves their wardrobe to be replaced with Fila, the scrunchies make their way into a half ponytail and any shoes which are not trainers are discarded. Whilst we all like to think we’re being different and edgy, there are most definitely some staples which appear to be a necessity of any Leeds girl.

The classic green puffer (if you’re feeling really adventurous, see the red or even blue puffa)

There’s even an Instagram account dedicated to spotting the adored urban outfitters classic on the women of Leeds uni, although the task of spotting one of these edgy ladies isn’t too difficult. This clearly timeless piece is understandable as it feels like you’re walking to the library with a duvet wrapped around your shoulders, which might be a cheap alternative, but you definitely wont look nearly as edgy whilst rolling your cigarette outside Eddy b.

Reeboks, Nikes, Asics, Adidas or just any type of edgy confirmed trainers

You’ll never dream of doing any actual exercise in them but they are hugely comfortable for trek to Beaver Works.
Extra points if they’re all black and super clunky.

Work out clothes which you'll never actually work out in

Who knew leggings made for running would be supremely comfortable for doing absolutely nothing. You can give the impression that you're en route to the gym when really you could just be on the way to get a 6 piece nugget meal.

Maximum comfort

Maximum comfort

Boob tubes boob tubes boob tubes

The trends of the early 2000s are alive and well on the Leeds campus and boob tubes have played a big part. I’ve even seen people banging out essays in the library in the same one that they later wore to Donuts.
If it’s got “Juicy” emblazoned on the front in diamantes you’ve nailed it.

Killing it

Killing it

Fila, Campion, Ellesse or Umbro

I think this sporty spice-esque trend is partially just because the desire to dress nicely in beaut outfits everyday diminishes day by day from the minute you start uni. So dressing like you’re ready for sports day is a very comfy alternative whilst still looking Leeds ready.
Just go to your local Urban Outfitters, locate the “sporty” section and watch your loan disappear.

Fishnet anything

Avril Lavigne would be proud to see the amount of fishnet clothing that makes an appearance at Leeds. Whether it’s peaking out the bottom of your jeans, your denim mini skirt or underneath your Fila t-shirt, you’ll have earned your respect from your fellow Leeds girls.

Mesh see through tops

Just so you can show off your Calvin Klein bralette or triangle bra.
Note: sparkly ones are even more desired. Perhaps these aren't best suited to the northern weather as you'll be shivering on your way home after a night out, but so will everyone else, you'll fit right in.

mesh top, glitter and hoop earrings??? groundbreaking

Hoops

From tiny thin ones to huge chunky ones, hoop earrings can be spotted on every Leeds girl at one time or another. £7 for three sets from Topshop will see you through a term, just make sure you switch out your tiny chunky ones for a pair bigger than your head on a night out.

subtle but very effective hoops

subtle but very effective hoops

Any Fjallraven backpack

It is perfect for all the essentials and really completes that puffa look.

Glitter in every colour possible

This list would not be complete without a mention of glitter. No Leeds night out would be complete without highlighting your cheekbones with this magical stuff.

apparently this glitter work cost £5, but it is truly magnificent