Alexander Skarsgard used to live in a Leeds basement with a drug dealer

And he loves a good Otley Run

Alexander Skarsgard has revealed he lived in a dingy basement with a drug-dealer in his time at Leeds. Skarsgard came to Leeds in 1996 and stayed for six months, basically because he loved Leeds United.

He said: “We both liked Leeds United FC so we thought lets go there, we didn’t study much. We just had a blast. The people there were super-friendly and I had a great time. I still support Leeds United.”

Skarsgard went on to tell The Sun that his time at Leeds was “basically just hanging out and having fun” and he even went on an Otley Run.

He said: “We lived in this basement with no heating, used sleeping bags, and shared a bathroom with a drug dealer who was obsessed with the Queen of Sweden for some reason.

“It was kind of scary. I know that seems weird to come to the UK and not go to London, but I wanted to see the real England, and I saw it in Leeds.

“I recommend The Headingley Run — have a pint in every pub on Otley Road. That’s how you entertain yourself.”

After six months of partying, procrastinating studies and living the Leeds student lifestyle the Tarzan star dropped out, yet in 2011 he collected an honorary doctorate degree in the Arts at Leeds Metropolitan.