Police raid on ‘noisy’ Headingley House

Turn down Call of Duty or West Yorkshire Police will take it away

headingley leeds university noise police raid

The next time you come home after lectures to game so hard right now spare a thought for the poor Headingley residents who have had their consoles – and their pride – carried off in the arms of West Yorkshire police.

The Leeds Anti-Social Behaviour Team raided two student houses in Headingley, one on St. Michael’s Terrace and the other on Burchett Terrace.

This was a direct result of residents breaching prior abatement notices that had stemmed from noise nuisance complaints.

Leeds Magistrate Court granted the LASBT a warrant of entry that resulted in technological, noise-making equipment being seized. Televisions, game consoles, laptops and DJ decks were confiscated, to name but a few.

The students may put forward an application to retrieve the items after one month has passed, but only after a hefty fine has been paid to the council.

Councillor Mark Dobson said: “We are continuing to work extremely hard with our partners to put a stop to noise nuisance […] We will not hesitate to take similar action again in the future against anyone who continues to ignore our warnings.”

(Be warned…) The LASBT run two mobile marked vehicles on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from 6pm to 4am, with a reduced service from Monday to Thursday.

‘Any residents suffering from excessive or intrusive noise problems can call LASBT on 0113 222 4402, or 0113 395 0143 for out of hours enquiries.’

Or, you know, don’t.