Leeds RAG Fashion Show a Hit!

LUCY BRADLEY gives us her thoughts on the Leeds RAG Fashion Show

Last Thursday night, the RAG Fashion Show team far exceeded expectations with their annual event, showcasing a selection of beautiful clothes on some oh so beautiful people.

Walking in to the VIP section, we were greeted with canapés and Bellinis and had the chance to mingle with fellow fashion fans before the show. Fitting in with the Seven Deadly Sins theme, the room was transformed into a Garden of Eden and actors dressed as the sins intermingled with guests before the show.

Once we were seated, the big event began, showcasing all the efforts of the stylists and organisers who contributed to the night.

The show consisted of models in day wear, evening outfits and of course the much anticipated lingerie looks, with a certain model’s behind making a lasting impression on the audience. At this point, the front row fashionistas lost their cool and so began the hooting and hollering.

Throughout the night, we were treated to musical entertainment including performances from a harpist and violin soloist. A special mention must go to the act ‘Manor’ who opened the section half of the show, who impressed all with their monumental vocals and managed to get all the audience moving.

Although all the looks were great, the leather ensembles stood out as most striking, with the boys decked out in biker jackets and boots and the girls clad in leather and chains. As the models walked the catwalk in killer heals, dark lipstick and slicked back hair, they were accompanied by an amazing hip hop dance act.

For the final look, the female models were adorned in bridal wear and walked down the catwalk with their suited and booted partners. Then, with an explosion of confetti, the necessary thanking to the sponsors and team, the show came to an end. However, celebrations carried on late in to the night as everyone headed to the after party to toast to their success!

A well deserved congratulations must go to the RAG Fashion Team who put on an incredible night all the name of charity, raising thousands for Candlelighters and Water Aid. The show went off without a hitch and The Tab were seriously impressed!

Photo credited to Rafi Spangenthal & Matilda Thompson