An unhealthy diet is ruining your sex life, say docs

Chomping on greens will give you a healthy glow

national noad

Eating fruit and vegetables makes you irresistible to the opposite sex. 

It may be time to ditch the makeup and start eating your greens, as experts have found yet another way to have the opposite gender at your feet.

In a miraculous discovery, scientists claim eating food with a certain pigment can drastically improve your sex life.

This pigment is called carotenoids and is found in most fruit and veg, including carrots, tomatoes, dark leafy greens and sweet, sweet potatoes.

Carotenoids is known for protecting against cancer, but recent research has shown that consuming food containing the pigment will give the skin a sexier, healthier glow so there’s no need for miracle creams.

She knows

Researchers in a joint Scottish and Australian study believe that our vanity, being horny students and all, is the most convincing reason why we should eat a nutritious diet.

Joint author Dr Ross Whitehead, of St Andrews University, said: “Evidence suggests that young women are motivated to change their behaviour by appearance rather than health.

“The results of the study provide support that higher consumption of fruit and vegetables is associated with higher skin yellowness.”

And the worst thing is that we’ve been wasting our money as studies have shown that individuals find the yellow coloration of skin healthier and more attractive than tanned skin.

But there’s even more news in store as people who eat the right grub are less likely to die from chronic illnesses.

A recent study showed that eating a whole seven portions of fresh fruit and vegetables a day was linked to a 42 per cent lower risk of death from all causes.

In the experiment, the researchers monitored the skin and diets of about 200 Caucasian women, aged between 18 and 29, for nine months.

The journal Nutrients said: “Higher daily fruit, vegetable and combined fruit and vegetable intakes were associated with increased overall, unexposed and exposed skin redness and yellowness values.”

The research found that women were shown to be unsure about the significance of their new and improved diet.

“Recent evidence has shown that young women are motivated to change their health behaviours based on improving their appearance or looking good rather than health concerns, which are more important amongst older females, 36 to 50 years old.

“Interventions that focus on appearance could be a novel way of motivating young women to improve dietary intake, including fruit and vegetable intakes.’