Gird your loins, Garlands is back

Party time

| UPDATED clubbing cool it! drugs drugs raid eberle street Garlands gossip!

It’s been a long three months, but Garlands is finally re-opening tomorrow.

The Eberle Street club was shut down in February following a drugs raid, and now the popular venue will make a come back with rigid regulations and upgraded CCTV.

As part of their new licence, the toilets will be attended at all times, so no funny business. Sorry guys.

Its huge student night Gossip! is also coming back, making its debut next Thursday.

Everyone who works with Garlands is very excited for its return, and are clearly humbled to have their party pad back.

Adam Stephenson, manager at Cool It! Promotions, said: “We’re looking forward to Gossip! returning to its spiritual home – Garlands.

“The response has been great and there is a genuine buzz around the City for it’s return – Thursdays are back.”

Cool It! Promotions staff are equally as pumped as their weekly work and night out is back on the scene.

Sarah Bridgewater, third year student and events manager for the night, said: “I can’t wait. I’ve really missed it, Garlands has such a huge following.

“My Thursdays haven’t been the same without it.”

Carl Wallace, a long standing worker for the club, told The Tab: “It’s been too long and glad to finally be back home.”

Loyal regulars started a petition for the re-opening of the club and held a protest outside of Liverpool Magistrates Court, expressing distress over its closing down.

We’re sure they’re also chuffed for its return.