Glasgow will go into level 3 lockdown on Monday

Restaurants will be allowed to re-open with a 6pm curfew

Nicola Sturgeon just announced that Glasgow will go into level three lockdown on Monday at 6am. This comes after she announced that Scotland will go into a five level system lockdown, with the new system being reviewed every week on Tuesday to see if any changes need to be made.

Glasgow was already under strict restrictions, with pubs and restaurants closed, and a ban on household visits. Most of these regulations are still in place, however the new system states that all hospitality businesses will be allowed to open.  Restaurants, cafes and pubs will be allowed to open to sell food and non-alcoholic drinks until 6pm. Non-essential travel outside of Glasgow is banned, and group exercise indoors is still banned.

A significant number of areas have been places into level three alongside Glasgow, including Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Stirling, Falkirk and Dundee.

The decision to implement this new system comes after a confirmed 1,128 new cases of coronavirus in Scotland, with 416 of those in Glasgow.

Glasgow Student not enrolled until a month into her course because of ‘technical difficulties’

Uni of Glasgow promises rent refund following Covid outbreak across all major halls

Glasgow Uni sets up ‘pop up’ testing centre to test hundreds of students after outbreak