The best restaurants in Glasgow to book for graduation

Gotta please the parents

Graduating can be stressful enough without considering where you might celebrate with your parents.

However, it has to be done, and picking the all-important restaurant is a difficult task in itself. You’ve struggled for four years and actually made it to the end with a decent degree and your parents are taking you out – if the food’s free, you may as well milk it all you can and make it a good restaurant.

The Tab Glasgow have done your research for you, enabling you to lure your absentminded ‘rents to one of these carefully-selected grad food havens for food both them and you will enjoy.

Chaophraya, Buchanan Street

so yummmm?

A post shared by mol (@molllliex) on May 14, 2017 at 12:16pm PDT

This Thai chain is a must for a fancy culinary experience. As well as the food being insanely authentic and mouth-wateringly good (we recommend the Red Lamb Curry), the restaurant’s appearance is a spectacle in itself. The hallways are decorated with golden statues and extravagant carpets and the place harbours an expensive feel, without the plate prices creating a massive hole in the bank. The service is also top-notch.

A post shared by Daniel Lorenzetti (@dloren10) on May 3, 2017 at 5:33am PDT

Sapporo Teppanyaki, Merchant City

On fire ??#boysnight #tepenyaki #sapporo #glasgow #food

A post shared by Mj (@mickjam85) on May 13, 2017 at 1:12pm PDT

If you’re up for some evening entertainment as well as a nice meal, Japanese restaurant Sapporo is the place to head. After you’ve chosen your meal (a wide selection of sushi is available, as well as cooked main courses), your food is cooked right in front of you by professional Japanese chefs. We tried the scallops, which were cooked to perfection and come with as many cooked vegetables, thin, fried potatoes and as much flavoursome rice as you can muster. The chefs love to have a laugh, and ours even flipped potatoes into customers’ mouths on request. The restaurant also has an extensive cocktail menu, which is perfect for that extra graduation celebration. The whole vibe is very social, so we’d recommend coming here if you have a large group.

The Bothy, West End

Catching up with some favourites @smashboxcosmeticsuk dinner #foodporn #glasgow #beautyblogger

A post shared by claire (@beewaits) on Mar 31, 2016 at 1:10pm PDT

The Bothy is close to home for those who don’t fancy catching the Subway to eat. Situated down the same lane which harbours Hanoi Bike Shop, this restaurant is a hidden gem which is not to be forgotten. They’re running a graduation deal at £29.95 a head for three courses with a free glass of prosecco. Main courses include Hake and Risotto.

Rioja, Finnieston

If you’re keen on Tapas but want a change from popular chain Café Andaluz, Rioja is the place to go. Authentic and tasty, not only is it situated in Finnieston, meaning the overall restaurant vibe is cool and quirky, the food is delicious and not ridiculously expensive. Their chicken tapas are fantastic. Sometimes sites like 5pm run deals for this restaurant if you’re feeling savvy.

Stravaigin, Gibson Street 

Stravaigan is an old Scottish word meaning to "wander aimlessly but with intent." Fitting. I couldn't not stop here.

A post shared by laura lisowski (@lauralisowski) on Jun 11, 2016 at 6:44am PDT

Calvin Harris famously dubbed this authentic restaurant as home to ‘the best full Scottish breakfast’ in the world. Of course, a fry up probably isn’t what you’re after for a grad meal, but this restaurant caters for everyone. Whether you fancy their curry of the night or a fish plate, or even just their delicious burger, this is a great all-rounder with a cosy atmosphere and a bar area for afterwards.

Marinated pigeon and gin. This town knows how to eat!

A post shared by Walter Gossin (@walter_gossin) on Apr 14, 2017 at 11:21am PDT

Mother India, Argyle Street

With my ??

A post shared by Alex McGowan (@alxmcgwn) on May 5, 2017 at 12:34pm PDT

Another Tapas joint, but this time Indian. Mother India is famed throughout Glasgow with some residents describing it as the tastiest curry in the city. And, we can vouch for that by saying the food really is to-die-for if you’re a curry lover. A strong favourite for us is the Ginger Lamb Curry tapa. Don’t forget the bubbly, soft Naan on the side. The restaurant has a great, social vibe without being too noisy.

Amarone, just off Buchanan Street

#girlycatchup #superyummy #pasta

A post shared by Cathy Wang (@eat_with_cathy) on Mar 21, 2017 at 1:35pm PDT

We had to include a classic Italian in the list. Described by locals as where the ‘it crowd’ go to satisfy their Italiano cravings, this is a popular choice if you’re feeling fancy but still want your pasta fix. Their graduation deal is three courses and a glass of prosecco for £22.95.

Lunchin' in the sun w my galss xx??#Issue4

A post shared by Alex Birnie (@alexbirniex) on May 9, 2017 at 11:11am PDT

Brel, Ashton Lane

Sunny days and daiquiris (Melissa made me caption it this) ?☀️

A post shared by Sara Webster (@sarawebsterx) on May 11, 2017 at 9:02am PDT

If you fancy a graduation lunch rather than a fancy dinner, Brel is the place to go. Already famed amongst students at the University, Brel has a great, open outdoor seating area which is gorgeous on a sunny day.  favourite is their mussel dish – Moules Frites – and they also have a fondue menu. Heck, even treat yourself to their tasty Mac ‘n’ Cheese – it’s your graduation, after all.

#Ashtonlane #SCO #tb #urban #pub #beer #instagram

A post shared by Jorge Coronado (@jorgecrndo) on May 14, 2017 at 9:36am PDT

Turnip and Enjoy, Great Western Road

A good way to spend a Tuesday ? #dinner #wineanddine #tasty

A post shared by Laura Percy (@laurapercy_) on Apr 4, 2017 at 2:27pm PDT

A local classic is Turnip and Enjoy. If the pun in the name isn’t enough to make you go, their menu will surely tingle your tastebuds, although it is a bit more expensive than the above restaurants. Still, if you can’t enjoy a fancy meal after your own graduation, when else will you be able to? Delicious mains are the lamb rump or crusted cod, and the crème brûlée to finish.

Lol

A post shared by Floss (@flossspooner98) on Apr 28, 2017 at 4:47am PDT

And even if you aren’t graduating, you can still get booking.