Everything you need to know about the Exeter vigil for Brianna Ghey

It will take place Saturday 18th February from 1-3 pm

Exeter like many cities across the UK has been shocked and saddened by the tragic death of Brianna Ghey.

A vigil for her will take place Saturday 18th February on Exeter Cathedral Green from 1-3 pm.

Attendees are invited to share reflections if they wish, and all will be invited to mourn the tragic murder of Brianna.

There will be a quiet space for community reflection from 2.30-5 pm, although the venue for this has not yet been confirmed. This space will primarily intended for members of the trans community, but allies are welcome and encouraged to show their support at the Cathedral Green, according to Exeter’s LGBTQ+ society’s Instagram page.

The vigil is the result of collective effort and organisation from Exeter University’s LGBTQ+ society, Queer and BAME Collective, LGBTQ+ Staff Network, and Trans and Non-Binary Cafe.

Students are encouraged to show support, bring friends along to the Cathedral Green, and wrap up warm as we come together to honour the memory of Brianna Ghey, and countless other trans lives which have been lost owing to hate and violence.

The Tab Exeter will be organising a meeting point on campus for students who would like to go with a group, or do not want to go by themselves –  we can meet and walk down to the Cathedral together.

You can donate to her GoFundMe page here.

If you or someone you know has been affected by this story, please speak to someone or contact Exeter University’s wellbeing, or Samaritans on 116 123 at any time or MindOut . You can also contact Anxiety UK on 03444 775 774, Calm (Campaign against living miserably) on 0800 58 58 58.