EUSA, do the decent thing and invite the Dexys Midnight Runners to the Big Cheese in 2018

Come on EUSA

After Cascada's buzzing performance at Potterrow last night, our thoughts now turn to who will be the next headline act to kick off a year of Big Cheeses.

What you want from your performer is for them to have a song that is just so quintessentially Big Cheese. When you think of Prow, you think of everyone belting out Angels or Mr Brightside in magnificent, intoxicated unison.

Imagine the queue

Imagine the queue

Whilst inviting a Robbie Williams or The Killers might be a tad over ambitious, there is one band who have a song that even the most ardent Big Cheese deniers love, that could feasibly come to perform.

Dexys Midnight Runners, the wonderful people who gave us Come On Eileen.

The Big Cheese is rarely as lively as when everyone is pretending to know all the words to the verses of Come On Eileen before the epic 'too ra loo ra' finale.

I know what you're thinking, are they even alive? Don't worry, I checked and the lead singer Kevin Rowland is still alive and performing under the shorter name 'Dexys'.

So come on people, do the decent thing. Sign and share this petition until the powers that be simply can't ignore our voices so we can give next year's freshers the perfect start to their university careers.

Also, just appreciate how amazing the music video for Come On Eileen is.