Edinburgh BNOC of the Year: Round 4

What’s it going to be then, eh?

Roll up roll up, it’s time for the final heat of this year’s BNOC of the Year competition. Who deserves the last spot for the final?

Robbie Travers, Third year, Law

He’s an opinionated politico with a pretty hefty social media following. Robbie is also the subject of numerous online threats, apparently.

Freya Pratt, Third year, Geography

She’s cute, she’s funny, and she’s the reason that the uni gave out free water bottles. A popular member of the Hockey Club, she’s built schools in Tanzania and she famously held a Double Denim party that got covered by the Tab. If you’ve been annoyed by people talking on the fourth floor of the library, Freya’s probably to blame – she can’t go five minutes without someone coming to speak to her.

Ed Hughes, Fourth year, Theology

The current president of the most elite society at the university – Diagnostics Society. Ed rubs shoulders with royalty and is known by many of the rich and elite in the university. He’s known for hosting grand dinners and is basically Edinburgh’s very own Francis Boulle.

Jamie Burke, Second year, Maths

You might not know of Jamie but you’ve definitely seen him. He is infamous for wearing the strangest clothes on nights out. Seen someone wearing a hamburger? It was Jamie. Seen someone dressed in a fluorescent Sainsbury’s uniform? It was probably Jamie. Seen someone dressed as a fairy? Probably Jamie. He also has a fantastic acting career as evidenced by his YouTube fame. Everyone knows Jamie.