Quick! EUSA will introduce nap pods if you vote before tomorrow

Get voting now

Polls close tomorrow for the first ever EUSA Student Council Online Ballot – which happens to be FOR NAP PODS.

After the success of the Tab’s petition for nap pods and the Buchanan Institute’s survey entitled ‘do we need nap spaces at Edinburgh University?’, the motion was picked up during last week’s Student Council meeting.

During the meeting, there was a speech in favour of the motion that the University should introduce nap pods and rest facilities on campus.

The case for nap pods included: the need for naps and rests as a benefit to student wellbeing, past success of nap pods in University of California Berkeley and the University of Manchester and the strong support from students indicted by the Buchanan Institute survey.

Obviously, there were no speeches against the motion.

The motion received 53% of votes cast at the meeting and is therefore now voted on in an online ballot. At the Student Council meeting, there were 48.5 votes in favour and 36 votes against, meaning there must be at least 86 votes in this online ballot for the vote to be valid.

If the vote is valid, the motion will pass if a majority of the total votes are in favour.

Voting will be open all day Wednesday 30th November and Thursday 1st December and results will be announced on Monday 5 December.

Online Ballots are a new measure brought in following the EUSA referendum in spring 2016. These allow motions which don’t receive a clear pass or fail when voted on at Student Council to go back to the entire student population for a decision.

Cast your vote here. Right now. Do it now.