Which political party is your halls?

They all want to be the SNP

With the General Election just weeks away, we compared the major political parties to Halls around Edinburgh.

Chancellor’s Court – UKIP

So white.

Much like UKIP, Chancellor’s is mostly comprised of former private school kids.

The buildings are all white, and they are the most hated house in Pollock Halls.

Grant House – Labour

Your words do not inspire us

Grant House, like the Labour Party, are in the midst of an identity crisis.

Both were founded on old-fashioned values, but since the recent renovation Grant no longer holds its former reputation.

It’s often mocked, like Ed Milliband, but always sympathetically. Grant tries to inspire you with its bizarre pantry walls, which do anything but.

Holland House – Conservatives

An architectural masterpiece

The oldest house in Pollock, Holland is one for the traditionalists.

It’s not moving with the times, and it’s also expensive, suggesting that its occupants are fairly wealthy.

The buildings could not be more bland and uncontroversial, much like the Tories.

Beaverbank – Greens

Where even is Beaverbank?

Beaverbank is miles away, and although people might like the idea of living away from civilisation, living there is just one step too far.

The end result is that they are just irrelevant.

Kincaid Court – BNP

There are drunks living in those garages.

Situated on Cowgate and surrounded by clubs, it’s a noisy and grim place to live.

Constantly infested with drunks and Hive goers, it’s the sort of place that the BNP really thrive in.

John Burnett – Liberal Democrats

Hidden away in the corner.

John Burnett on paper is a winner.

It’s the newest, cleanest house and has all the benefits of Chancellor’s minus the posh boy reputation.

But, in reality, it’s situated at the back of Pollock and no one really knows where it is or whether it still exists.

Fraser’s Court – SNP

Do you want to be a part of Pollock or not?

Whilst geographically Fraser’s should be a part of Pollock, it’s desperate to break away from it.

They want to use the benefits of Pollock’s huge population, yet wants to distance itself from their people.

They think they’re better than Pollock because they’re self-catered, which although proves that they can look after themselves, is just a hassle in first year.