Humans of the library

It’s not like we go there to study

It’s that time of the year again when you can’t possibly find a seat in the library.

But, if you do find that mythical free desk, you will lay your eyes on at least one of these characters:

The Procrastinator

Kate and Nuri post a facebook status about being papped by the tab!

These lot seem to make up the majority of the library community. Either with Facebook, Twitter, or your much loved Tab, these students will do anything to put off finishing that essay.

The Loud and Proud

Megan couldn’t possibly study without knowing that you’re enjoying her revision playlist with her!

Sometimes you’ll be able to spy down these students from the other end of the room.

Just move toward the sound of muffled music and you’ve found them.

Are they purposely trying to annoy the people around them, or are they just trying to deafen themselves to avoid next term’s lectures?

The Ultimate Snacker

Victoria and Iona revise the way we all should… drowned in snacks.

It’s one thing to come prepared for a good library session with a wee snack, but the Ultimate Snacker will bring nothing short of a three course meal.

The Ghost

BOO!

That’s right, the library is haunted.

Look on any floor of the library and you’ll find desks covered in books, but no one there, for hours on end.

Sleeping Beauty

Chloë dreams of finally finishing her essay.

When the library’s packed, there’s nothing you want to see less than a perfectly good desk or computer being used as a sleepy student’s bed.

The Chatterbox

Emma, Liam, Ziad and Noga having way more fun in the library than you ever will.

These students somehow know everyone sitting near them, and every person that walks by.

How is it even possible to have that many friends?

To let you know, you are the bane of the library. Pipe down.

The 4th Floor Hottie

How many times has Christian been your fourth floor library crush?

So long as you don’t live under a rock, you’ve heard of these people. According to social media, the most attractive students in Edinburgh all culminate on the fourth floor.

If that’s not incentive enough to go to the Library, then I don’t know what is.

The Smoker

Max and Anthony are way too cool for school.

Similar to The Procrastinator, these lot avoid finishing their course work by popping out for a fag with their mates.

At any time of the day you can see them standing outside the library entrance, looking way cooler and having way more fun than you.

The One on the Phone

Helen has a riveting conversation in the stairwell, bitching about her flat mates.

There’s always someone standing in the stairwell having a riveting conversation on the phone.

Listening to snippets of gossip as the doors to the stairwell open and close are much needed bursts of amusement whenever you’re struggling to concentrate.

The Ones That Actually Do Work

Grace is going to be the only person to pass her exams this semester.

To be honest, I’ve never met one of these people. But considering we’re the 17th best university in the world, they have to exist… right?