Best of the Balls? Hild Bede Summer Ball

Summer ball season is upon us, so the Tab decided to go behind the scenes of what is sure to be one of the biggest balls of the year; the Hild Bede Summer Ball…

On the 20th June Hild Bede College will be transformed into a whimsical wonderland as it emulates the Fairytale theme for this year’s summer ball. Guests can expect to encounter mystical forests and creepy caves, drawing on the darker side of fairytales to evoke a more mysterious setting, as well as a variety of oversized objects and psychedelic colours to transports them into the more bizarre world of Alice in Wonderland.

This year’s ball is set to be the biggest yet (photo: hildbedescr.co.uk)

The Hild Bede Ball promises to be bigger and better than it has been in previous years, with music, a sit down meal, fairground rides, a ferris wheel and fireworks. The company ‘Ice Angels’ will also be there to make nitrogen ice cream for the guests. The Ball will conclude with a silent disco and survivor’s breakfast at 5 am for those that have learnt how to pace themselves throughout the year and are able to avoid passing out.

We spoke to the chief organizer of Hild Bede Ball, Kishen Vora, to find out what he’s most looking forward to on the night.
“Of course I’m looking forward to all the acts, as it is great to see a large crowd all dancing to a band you’ve bought in for their entertainment. Also, since a majority of the decoration is done by students painting and cutting fabric, it’s amazing when it is all put up, the college is hardly recognizable and everyone who has worked on this event’s vision really comes to life at that point.”

A blast from the past: Scouting for Girls and the Vengaboys will be headlining

As if the decorations weren’t enough, the ball also boasts two incredible headliners: Scouting for Girls and the Vengaboys. Scouting for Girls have retained their status as a household name and will be sure to bring back the nostalgia of youth. Vengaboys are seasoned performers and therefore know how to put on a good show, blasting hits such as ‘We are going to Ibiza’ and ‘Boom Boom Boom’. They are also supported by a sterling line-up of Durham Dj Alex Petrenco, Coco and the Butterfields who will be playing at Glastonbury this year, and the sure to be up-and-coming indie band Teddy.

It’s sure to be an unforgettable night for everyone.