Spring Street Style

In light of the Spring-like conditions, we took to the ‘frow’ in Market Square to spot some of our University’s finest fashion

In the wake of London Fashion Week, Durham’s students are on top form at the moment when it comes to street style, so we stopped a few Spring trend-setters for some wardrobe inspiration!

Niamh Bailie, from St Aidan’s, looking effortlessly chic. Simply throw on a bold coloured scarf to take your winter wardrobe into the warmer months.

First of all, we’re loving how our girls are taking their winter apparel into the warmer months by effortlessly throwing on a colour statement. Here, Niamh Bailie has accessorised with an oversized tartan scarf and we think the pop of red looks fantastic against her khaki coat. A great way to remain cosy and on trend!

Bart Bryant–Mole from Hild Bede, rockin’ a layered look this Spring.

On the subject of winter accessories… cue: the beanie. Beanie hats were everywhere on the frow at London Fashion Week this month amongst men and women alike, and we love how Bart has styled his! The boys were also rockin’ a layered look in town, and Bart’s print/pattern/denim combo was definitely one of our favourite combinations. Let’s all take a leaf out of his book and swap our winter woolies for denim jackets this Spring!

Amanda Jackson representing Collingwood, proves that the statement collar remains a top trend this Spring.

‘The Collar’ is one trend which was seen everywhere last season: from the front-row of the lecture room, to top floor of Klute. This Spring, it endures, and we’re weak at the knees for Amanda Jackson’s staple coat, with its incredible shearling collar! This is great way to add a touch of texture to your outfift. 

Imogen Sawyer, Hild Bede, makes a bold statement with both collar and colour, in this beautiful pastel knit from Topshop

Spring time opens it’s door to an array of colour and in our opinion, so should fashion. It’s that time again to ditch those dark-toned neautrals and add a pop of this season’s most standout hues… pastels! These candy colours are all over the high-street, and we were especially draw to Imogen’s gorgeous mint knit, which also features collar encrusting! Top marks Imogen.

Lizzie De Braal, bring LFW to Hild Bede in this seasons must-have… the textured coat!

One more of this season’s must-haves, is a textured coat. Whilst bang on trend, it’s also going to keep you super warm on those chilly mornings and ASOS alone, have a whopping 52 different styles to choose from. Lizzie gets full marks in this lovely neutral number, which she’s teemed with a pretty powder pink knit and chelsea boots to create street-style sophistication!

Tim Japp, Hild Bede. Another layerd-up lad looking super stylish for Spring!

Last but not least, we stopped Tim, who was convinced that we wanted his photo for a feature on ‘Durham’s worst fashion’. But, never fear Tim, we loved your casual layered look!

Now that we’ve waved goodbye to our wellies, let’s hope that this sunny weather continues in our Durham bubble, so that we can continue to embrace these Spring-time trends!