What’s Hot: Week 6

Theatre, fashion shows and a sleepover – we bring you what’s hot this week.

Drama, drama, drama

Theatre this week includes the musical Chicago which runs from Wednesday to Saturday at Hild Bede theatre, Journey’s End which is being staged at Grey’s Fountains Hall to mark the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War, and the double bill of DDO’s Shakespearean Comedy Cabaret and the Durham Improvise Musical to raise money for DDO’s Zambia Project (Weds-Sat).

Django Unchained

Django Swing returns to Wiff Waff on Saturday with ‘a different experience’ to what the Durham club scene is used to with a mix of funk, soul and electro-swing. Naturally. Entry is £3 and drinks are cheap all night to make ‘that arduous journey down the hill worth it’

All aboard the SoulTrain

SoulTrain comes to studio on Friday the 28th to ‘fill the gap with something funky’ apparently you should ‘think Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Chic and then moving on to remixes from the likes of LNTG, Get Down Edits & The Reflex’ – worth checking out surely? £3 on the door.

Les Quizerables

If you want a quieter night head along to the DSU cafe on Tuesday at 8pm to do a pub quiz in support of educational charity Teach First. First drink is free and the winner takes home the pot. Worth brushing up on your general knowledge then.

HCCFS 2014

Hatfield Fashion Show is on Sunday hoping to outdo all of the fashion shows that have come before it – this year it is looking to raise as much as it can for Water Aid with an African theme. Head along, see some ‘edgy gears and great rigs’ and take part in the charity auction for a night of dance, music and, of course, fashion.

Photo by Rose Innes

DUCK Cathedral Sleepout

DUCK’s Cathedral Sleepout takes place on Friday so there’s finally an acceptable reason to wear a onesie. Also more charity is never a bad thing, this time for Moving On and Foodcycle.