Image may contain: Trademark, Logo

SolidariTee is going global

The Cambridge born campaign is spreading

international Refugee Crisis solidaritee Student Activism

SolidariTee was founded by Robinson student, Tiara Sahar Ataii. The campaign was founded last year to raise money for Advocates Abroad. Each shirt is £10 and each bag is £6. Each shirt sold 'equals one night of accommodation for a human rights lawyer in Greece.'

The T-shirts and tote bags create awareness about the refugee crisis whilst raising money to provide legal representation for refugees in Greece and Turkey. The campaign has since gone national, and is now going international.

Image may contain: Text, Document

The campaign raises money to provide legal aid for refugees

The tote bag is being used in Amman, Jordan. SolidariTee shared this spread and pointed out that using their tote bag would 'reduce plastic waste while still raising money for legal aid for refugees.'

When asked about their current reach, SolidariTee told The Tab 'we've sold across the U.K, and in Jordan, and shipped internationally to Greece, Thailand and the US. Our photo campaign includes 10 cities and hundreds of students from across the country.'

Other recent successes for the campaing include Thangam Debbonaire, the MP for Bristol West purchasing and sharing an image of herself wearing the T-shirt and a successful national SolidariTee day on the 24th November.

The campaign told The Tab 'We're hoping to spread our message of solidarity internationally, whilst simultaneously retaining our focus reminding the UK government that the refugee crisis is one that is important to the UK population, students especially.'

T-shirts and tote bags can be purchased from www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SolidariTeeUK or through your college reps.