CamCareers DENYING grads the jobs they really want

CamCareers: a world of opportunity, as long as you stick with one option

cam careers Cambridge graduate employment Student Students university

University students graduating from now on may no longer be able to pick and choose the jobs which provide the best opportunities for them, The Times reports. 

In recent times, graduates have been turning down job opportunities at the last minute, having been offered a better, more coveted position. God forbid someone actually tries to make the most of their degree.

Cambridge University graduates  will be impacted

Because of this trend, there have been vacancies left in sought-after top firms, and graduates are being targeted as a result, particularly at Cambridge University. Our CamCareers service, which provides undergraduates and graduates alike with both employment and vacation opportunities, has joined with the Association of Graduate Recruiters to reduce these vacancies.

In order to prevent sought after jobs being left unfilled, suggested rules propose contracts that graduate must sign along with acceptance of the job offer, which explicitly prevents them from refusing the job at a later date for a better opportunity, along with blacklists for those who ignore the rules.

CamCareers has joined forces with the Association for Graduate Recruitment

This means that students who have later interviews for alternative jobs must cancel interviews, and not accept offers even if they are better than the original.

So when you’re considering slaving over your Tripos, just remember that when you graduate, you might not even get the job you really want.