EXCLUSIVE: Queens’ May Ball MEGA LINE UP

Not so much a May Ball, more a May Festival.

The Tab have been first with all the big names this term. We kicked off with Kings, delivered Downing, provided Peterhouse and previewed Pembroke. With ball season fast approaching we have an exclusive look at one of the biggest line ups of Cambridge May Balls, ever.

Not content with the standard “One party, one headliner” formula, Queens are putting on four headliners. Yes, four headliners – and that’s just music.

First up are Coasts: fresh off the back of their stellar performance at Coachella, winning accolades from the likes of Radio 1’s Zane Lowe, Coasts are serious hot property in indie music.

Prefer your music with a little more bass and a lot less singing? Queens’ have got you covered. The second headline act is the masked bad-boy of turntables, Jaguar Skills. The Radio 1 stalwart and kings of clubs will no doubt be providing one his trademark high-octane sets.

Also gracing the music line up is singer-songwriter Lucy Rose. You will recognise Lucy’s voice through her long association with Bombay Bicycle Club. Following the critical acclaim of her 2012 solo folk album, Lucy’s is set to be an enduring voice in the UK scene.

From the future of UK music to the past. You’ve heard this track in Cindies. You remember it from primary school. You’ve used it as an answer to a pub quiz. Yes, Queens’ have booked nostalgia personified, B*Witched.

It’s not all music though. Queens’ also have a top line up of comic talent. Headlining the comedy is pear cider aficionado and all-round funny man, Mark Watson. He delivers his comedy straight up, like pear cider made from 100% pears. Supporting Mark is rising star Liam Williams and Cambridge favourite (and tip for the future) Pierre Novellie.

As well as this all-star set of headliners, the support acts look pretty good too. Happy Mondays frontman Bez will be playing a DJ set (reach for the lasers) and Brighton band Fickle Friends will be delivering their trademark brand of new-wave pop. All a bit too modern? Queens’ also have Tom Jones, Rolling Stones and Simon & Garfunkel cover bands.

There is guaranteed to be something for all tastes with our 4 incredible headliners, comedy line up, and supporting acts. Many more surprises await on the night, and we will be serving up the best selection of food and drink ever seen at a May Ball” – Sam Blackett, President

It’s almost a bit too much to take in. If you’re headed to Queens’ May Ball this year, plan your night out well and be sure not to miss any of this. As expected, the event is well and truly sold out, but you might just find a ticket on the marketplace.