Superman dat no! As lethal pills kill four in Ipswich, feds issue warning to Cantabs

They’re super-lethal and not so MDMAzing after all

deaths Ecstasy mdma superman pills

Cantabs have been warned to avoid and surrender any pink Superman-logo inscribed ecstasy pills which have been attributed to four deaths in the Ipswich area, not far from Cambridge, since Christmas Eve.

Today, Queens’ MCR students received an “urgent message” passed on from Suffolk police warning students of the spiked batch.

This e-mail was circulated to the Queens’ MCR mailing list, accompanied by a poster

The attached poster from the Suffolk Police issues the following advice: “do not take it”.

Police seized 400 of the pills from a “public place” in Ipswich yesterday evening, arresting two Polish men in connection with their distribution.

Not so MDMAzing

But officials fear more may well be in circulation as a fifth man has been taken ill as a result of ingesting the lethal batch last weekend.

Chief Superintendent John Brighton said: “I continue to urge anyone in possession of these drugs, which are red/pink in colour, triangular-shaped and embossed with a Superman logo, to hand them in to police or partner agencies.”

John Hocking, 22, was found dead after taking the pills on New Year’s Eve

A Cambridge police spokesman said: “We have no indication that they’re in the Cambridgeshire area as of yet.

“But as this is obviously an illegal, harmful drug, this is something that people all over the country should be made aware of.”

A temporary amnesty on the pills has been announced, meaning any of the Superman pills can be handed into any police station in the country without risk of arrest.