Foreign student seeks Superman tutor: 48k for 16 weeks

A Cambridge student is offering £48 000 for 16 weeks tutoring, the catch? You have to be perfect.

A foreign student at Cambridge is looking for a science tutor to teach him for a 16-week period…and he’s willing to pay 48k for the privilege.

In an advert posted yesterday on Tutors International, a self-styled intelligent and multi-cultural student is seeking an experienced science supervisor to tutor him for a very generous package.

And the job was also advertised on the Cambridge Careers website, meaning the uni effectively advertised for tutors to look after its own students.

The young man, fluent in six languages, says his ‘natural intelligence and excellent work ethic have so far been enough to carry him through his academic career’.

But now he’s at Cambridge his ‘coping techniques are proving unsatisfactory’ and he needs a hired hand to work with the student ‘for a minimum of six hours a day, five days a week for sixteen weeks from early January’.

With a salary that works out at £100 an hour, the tutor also is expected to be nothing less than a shade off Superman:

‘The successful tutor must be a recent graduate from Cambridge with an excellent degree’. He or she should be a non-smoker, lead a physically active lifestyle, and be healthy and fit.

He’s a Compsci, sadly.

They must also be engaging, have a good sense of humour and a sunny disposition, being an ‘excellent tutor and at the same time an inspiring mentor’.

The tutor will also be expected to help their tutee ‘experience all that the city has to offer’ in terms of ‘the student traditions and culture’.

He or she is also allowed to stay in the en-suite guestroom of the client’s Cambridge pad, parking space provided.

Thankfully, the tutor can expect weekends off, ‘unless traveling with the student at that time’ as ‘there may be the occasional week spent studying [at home]’. Full expenses will be paid for.

The jet-setting student’s post comes a couple of weeks after a wealthy businessman in his 30s offered £122 000 a year on Tutors International to get him into Oxford.

The tutor was expected to work from 8am to 11pm in Geneva, teach him perfect English, jazz piano, as well as appreciate opera and understand the works of Shakespeare.

We hear puppets were used

Tutors International said that the businessman was ‘inundated’ with responses, but they’ve yet to come in for the Cambridge student.

‘We are a bespoke tutor agency and we do incredibly specific placements.’ Adam Caller, the director of Tutors International told The Tab. ‘Most of our jobs last multiple years, and some of our clients want certain things’.

Manager Victoria Gibbs added that ‘we tailor our recruitment to the exact needs of the clients and find the ideal tutor for them. But this was on the more specific side of the recruitments we have done’.

Think you’re God’s gift to humanity? Winning at life but fancy an extra 48k? Apply now.