Week 5 Blue Playlist

That’s not a typo. If you came here expecting songs to remedy you of the Week 5 Blues, then you’ve come to the wrong place. Instead, here you’ll find a showcase of some of the best songs about ‘blue‘ itself. So, sit back, press play, and enjoy seven of the best blue songs around.

Blues

Lana Del Rey – Blue Jeans
Although many have tried and failed (I’m looking at you, Jenna Rose), Lana manages to create a beautiful song about something really mundane.

Johnny Cash – Folsom Prison Blues
The Man In Black is renowned for writing some of the best songs about the blues around, and this was one of the first ever hits on his debut album.

White Stripes – Blue Orchid
The brother/sister/wife/husband duo of Jack and Meg White are well known for their creative music videos, but this blue song has to have one of the scariest.

Joni Mitchell – Blue
Emotional, heart wrenching and incredibly sad are all words that could probably sum up Week 5, but they equally sum up this beautiful song.

New Order – Blue Monday
A ‘Blue Monday’ is one of the most depressing days of the year, which will probably be familiar to most of us. New Order turn the term into one of the catchiest songs of the 80’s and 90’s.

Tommy James & The Shondells – Crystal Blue Persuasion
Anybody who’s watched Breaking Bad will have been feeling blue since the show finished, but this song will help you remember exactly what was great about it.

Eiffel 65 – I’m Blue
I don’t think I need to say anything about this one.