Covering Your Tracks

ADAM TYNAN provides some aural healing for the final slog.

30 seconds to mars akon ashanti daft punk goo goo dolls hanson Hugh Laurie iamamiwhoami jay sean jimmy eat world Justice knife party Laura Marling lonely island MGMT mmmbop Queens of the Stone Age rod stewart schadenfreudically is my word i made up myself deal with it sexy sexy beats sigur ros The National tom odell vampire weekend

By now, either the merry month of May has reduced you to a blubbering mess, or you haven’t fully grasped the gravity of the situation.

Fret ye not; since time immemorial music has served as band aid to the soul and, with the added wonder of modern technology, it’s the ideal solution for those who, despite the fairly obvious symptoms of traumatic distress, refuse to leave the library.

All the artists featured have new albums released this term so whether you’re after heartfelt folky warblings, synth-laden electro or maybe even a bit of 90’s nostalgia, there is more in store.

For the schadenfreudically inclined amongst you, I undertook a viva this week that can only be matched in terms of tragic inevitability by the ‘examinations’ taken by witches at Salem. But I know everything will be okay… Rod Stewart has a new album out.

To skip a song or view the full track listing click the small “playlist” icon on the bottom right (furthest to the left).