BREAKING: Armed Robbery At Fez

Student favourite Fez has been the victim of a shocking armed robbery.

balaclava Fez Nightlife police robbery

A man in a balaclava has carried out an armed robbery at student hotspot Fez.

The man, thought to be around 5ft 10 inches tall and of medium build, carried out the robbery as staff were waiting for a delivery at 5am this morning.

The news is likely to shock the student population, who are used to Cambridge being a relatively safe nightlife location. Indeed, a recent Student Beans survey placed Cambridge as the 73rd most dangerous university city in the UK.

Det Insp Mark Newman said: “I would ask anyone who may have seen this incident this morning or has any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, to contact police.

“We have officers in the area hunting for this man and are doing everything we can to find him.”

Understandably, the news has come as a massive shock to some students. Georgia, a 2nd year student at Pembroke, told The Tab: “I can’t believe something like that would happen in Cambridge. Thank god there weren’t more people there at the time, or the event could have had even more serious consequences.”

The incident comes just days after a student was arrested outside Life, having had an altercation with one of the nightclub’s bouncers on Sunday night.

If any of our readers think they can help with the investigation, they should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.