Theatre Guide Dog – Week 0

The Theatre Guide Dog is enjoying some winter sun, so Lent Theatre Editor Kieran Corcoran has had to step in.

bouncers etg Liam Williams Snow White The Taming of the Shrew The Way Through The Woods

Theatre Guide Dog is enjoying some winter sun, so Lent Theatre Editor Kieran Corcoran has had to step in.

Slim pickings this week – the ADC is the place to be until Theatre gets back into its swing. And swing it shall.

The Taming of the Shrew 18th-22nd

Fresh back from showing Belgians what Shakespeare is like, ETG face their toughest challenge yet: an audience who can understand the script. Taking visual cues from funfairs, gypsies and ’50s Italy, there should be plenty to look at if the words get a bit much. Apparently it wowed continental audiences – Eurosceptics steer clear.

ADC at 7.45,  £6-£8.

Liam Williams’ Stand Up Show 18th

Unless the title is some kind of joke, this will be some stand-up by Liam Williams. Even Stephen Fry’s favourite Tabster; “cynical, ignorant fucker” Milo Yiannopoulos thinks he’s good. So if you don’t like it, you probably don’t like anything. Cambridge regulars Dannish Babar and Phil Wang provide support in an evening of home-reared comedy.

ADC at 11,  £5.

The Way Through the Woods 19th-22nd

A self-consciously “dark” retelling of Snow White; a story which already involves attempted infanticide and a crudely effective date-rape drug masquerading as one of your five-a-day. Offering new writing and new music, this is pretty ambitious, and therefore could be great. Probably won’t feature actual dwarves.

ADC at 11,  £5-£6.

Bouncers: The Remix: The Re-run 21st-22nd

The only zero-star play we’ve ever seen comes back to take another shot. If “a theatrical Daily Mail” sounds like something you’d go for, then don’t let us stop you.

Corpus at 9.30, £5-6.