Cambridge Fetches 50,000 Fans

Cambridge might be known for admitting the conversationally awkward and socially inept, but the University is today celebrating its online popularity.

800 Cambridge Facebook research

Cambridge might be known for admitting the conversationally awkward and socially inept, but the University is today celebrating its online popularity after notching up 50,000 fans on Facebook.

The official group is one of many Cambridge related pages competing for ‘Likes’ on the social networking site.

The multimedia page features photos and videos, and their wall charts Cam’s appearance in the news. 

After reaching the popularity milestone the page yesterday set the status: “To celebrate hitting 50,000 fans, here is a short video giving a brief glimpse into the world of Cambridge University. Thank you all for your support.”

The minute-long video, called ‘Cambridge Montage’, is described as ‘a brief look at the world of Cambridge University’.

The video highlights the hard work and cutting edge research that takes place daily in the city.

Light bulbs, ants and video games are among those research ventures features in the clip.

So far 125 people have ‘Liked’ the video.