Cambridge Protest Against Israeli Attack

On Monday, over 40 people protested in Market Square against the Israeli attack on humanitarian aid ships. Photo: George Danezis

On Monday 31st May, over 40 people protested in Market Square against the Israeli attack on humanitarian aid ships.

Cambridge residents joined global protests against the deaths of an estimated 19 people who were killed after Israeli commandos attacked a convoy of ships carrying aid to the Gaza Strip.

Speaking to The Tab, Katy King, a 3rd year Politics student, said “whatever you think about the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, the humanitarian situation in the Gaza strip is unacceptable and we need to pressure our government to do more to improve the situation."

Elliot Ross, MPhil student in English at St John's commented: "this protest is a small part of a much larger expression of outrage around the world today. We are saying that the crimes committed by Israeli soldiers in international waters last night, are just the most egregious examples of the atrocities committed daily against the people of Gaza, and the hopelessly bellicose mindset which underpins them.

"It is critical that those who truly believe in justice should make themselves heard."