Police launch extra patrols to tackle your lit end-of-year parties

The Noise Pages are also targeting day parties

Hide Images

Police have planned extra patrols in the coming weeks in an attempt to crack down on noise from students' post-exam celebrations.

As part of "Operation Beech", residents have been given a special number to contact in order to report their noise complaints directly.

According to The Noise Pages, the patrols are due to be carried out between 8pm to 2am from the 5th-8th June, and 12th-15th.

Patrols are planned for areas particularly affected by student noise, including all roads within the borders of Chandos Road, Hampton Road, Redland Grove and Trelawney Road. Police will also be monitoring Ashgrove Road, Manor Park, Highbury Villas, Eaton Crescent and Arlington Villas.

The Noise Pages, run by Redland resident Andrew Waller, documents student parties and antisocial behaviour particularly in BS6.

Waller has encouraged Noise Pages members to start complaining about day parties, saying: "neighbours may be more tolerant of daytime events, but listening to thudding beat music for hours isn’t fun."

Image: Google Maps

UoB's deputy registrar Lynn Robinson has said in March that if Operation Beech is successful, it may be rolled out more broadly in October for the 2019-2020 academic year.

Operation Beech is modelled on a similar campaign, 'Operation Oak', which has been adopted in Newcastle.